Sometimes you’re surfing around and see something that just makes you say…”wow.” Here’s Rock Hudson and Bea Arthur singing a song about drugs. It’s from Arthur’s 1980 TV special.
- At The Saturday Evening, Post, Troy Brownfield has a piece on 75 years of Batman on the big screen.
- Veteran Boston newsman Clark Booth died this week. He wrote his own obituary.
- Long live credit card signatures!
- CBS’s John Dickerson on turning 50.
- You can read this article on why people procrastinate, or you can just bookmark it to read later.
- For National Cowboy Day, Dinner Is Served 1972 has a recipe for Elvis Presley’s Chicken Supper Skillet.
Bruce Campbell is an old friend of Professor Barnhardt’s (I interviewed back him in 2003 and 2008), and while surfing around the web the other day I came across these local commercials he did back in the mid-80’s. That’s Ted Raimi in the first one.
- The lost art of the phone call.
- Joseph Epstein on profanity.
- The New Yorker has a profile of comedian Bo Burnham.
- Writers and their typewriters.
- For some reason, TV Shows on DVD has stopped their site and moved everything over to Facebook and Twitter.
- Kanye tweet or advertising slogan?
- For the 4th, maybe you can make this Blue Cheese Slaw from Dinner Is Served 1972 (and I agree with her about the heat).
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is a fun show. Just Jerry Seinfeld and a guest driving around in a car that Jerry says reminds him of the guest, and then they go and get coffee and talk. The new season (it’s now on Netflix) starts July 6, and one of the guests is Jerry Lewis.