- The iPhone is 10 years old, and The Atlantic tells us how smartphones became domesticated.
- Dear media execs: video won’t save you.
- The latest Whistlestop podcast delves into the shady accounting of Mary Todd Lincoln.
- Steven Johnson on a plan to beam messages into space.
- Funny Jim Gaffigan essay about getting a massage.
- The next Rifftrax Live! event will be Doctor Who: The Five Doctors.
- Fourth of July recipes: fireworks red, white and blue daiquiris, pasta salad, potato skin burgers, and finish things off with some American Pie.