- Interesting essay at The Los Angeles Review of Books about what Star Trek Beyond means for the future of both the movie franchise and the new TV show coming next year, Star Trek: Discovery.
- Great piece by Gael Fashingbauer Cooper on how computers ruined her handwriting.
- I just recently heard about Extra Crispy, a new site devoted to all things breakfast, from the people at Time, Inc.
- John Dickerson is a fine journalist and Face the Nation host (and author of a terrific new book on political history, Whistlestop), but I’d love to see him put out a book of essays. Here’s his latest, on picking up his daughter from camp.
- Do you really need to shower?
- There’s a new short up at Rifftrax, Campbell’s Soup: The Magic Shelf, with Bridget Nelson and Mary Jo Pehl.
- Recipe Girl promises you can make these chocolate cookies in 7 minutes.