Writer/director Nora Ephron died this week at the age of 71. Here are a bunch of tributes and essays I collected from around the web:
- Last night, Charlie Rose had a nice remembrance of Ephron, with clips from all of the interviews he did with her over the years.
- Tom Hanks wrote a nice essay about Ephron for Time.
- A high school student wrote to Ephron and became friends with her.
- New York, where Ephron once worked, has a tribute with links to some of her pieces.
- Esquire has several tributes.
- Dick Cavett tells the story of the time Ephron was a guest on his show.
- Meghan Daum talks about going to one of Ephron’s parties.
- Ephron was a secret member of the food52 site and submitted a couple of recipes.
- Julie Powell talks about Julie & Julia.
- Ephron’s 1996 commencement address to Wellesley College graduates.
- And The New York Times has a massive amount of info about Ephron in their special section.