There are many versions of this song. This one by Dean Martin is one of my favorites.
The other day I posted the very joyous, uplifting “It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year” by Andy Williams, so I thought I’d post something very different today. It’s a beautiful tune written by Carol Hall for the play The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Dolly Parton does a great version. This is sung by Leigh Nash.
For the rest of the month I’m going to post some of my favorite Christmas songs. First up: Andy Williams.
- This site is keeping track of all of the Christmas movies, specials, and TV episodes that air this month.
- When Americans had money for Christmas but nothing to spend it on.
- Mike Sacks’ novel Stinker is now an audiobook, featuring Jon Hamm, Andy Richter, Philip Baker Hall, and Paul F. Tompkins.
- If you haven’t listened to it yet, writer Ken Levine has a great podcast titled Hollywood & Levine.
- I wrote something about Tommy Keene, who passed away last week.
- I’ve never really been sure what sugarplums are, but Mid-Century Menu has a recipe for a Tunnel of Sugarplum Cake.