Another reason I’m glad Youtube exists: this 1976 episode of NBC’s Tomorrow with guests Peter Cushing and Forrest J. Ackerman.
I had never seen this noir before catching it on TCM recently. It’s an underrated film, and it was recently restored by the Film Noir Foundation and released on DVD/Blu-ray by Flicker Alley. Here’s the trailer.
Bruce Campbell is an old friend of Professor Barnhardt’s (I interviewed back him in 2003 and 2008), and while surfing around the web the other day I came across these local commercials he did back in the mid-80’s. That’s Ted Raimi in the first one.
- The lost art of the phone call.
- Joseph Epstein on profanity.
- The New Yorker has a profile of comedian Bo Burnham.
- Writers and their typewriters.
- For some reason, TV Shows on DVD has stopped their site and moved everything over to Facebook and Twitter.
- Kanye tweet or advertising slogan?
- For the 4th, maybe you can make this Blue Cheese Slaw from Dinner Is Served 1972 (and I agree with her about the heat).
He died today. Fans on his official web site are talking about his life and work, and here’s what friends and other writers are saying on Twitter.